Chicken Sweet Potato Hash
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt plus additional for part one
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ tsp smoked paprika, plus additional for garnish
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ c finely chopped cilantro
- 4 egg, poached
- Season a large pot of water with salt and bring to a simmer. Add chicken, cover and simmer until an instant thermometer registers 165 F when inserted to center of chicken. Remove from pot and set aside cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a large, non-stick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add potatoes, onion, and saute’, stirring occasionally until potato is just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Gently fold the chicken into potato mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes and chicken are brown 5-10 min. Stir in paprika, cumin, salt, and cilantro. To serve, top with eggs and additional paprika (if using)
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!!
Nutrients per serving:
(1 ¼ c hash mixture and 1 poached egg)
Fat total: 10 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sugar: 5 grams