Monday, February 1, 2016

Chocolate Shakeology Oatmeal Bars



As I am on a mission for my figure competition body/bikini body for the summer, I am taking away any unhealthy temptations I have and replacing them with something that tastes the same, but better nutrition that will help me get closer to my goals (minus my one cheat meal a week)! 

I love chocolate and peanut butter, Im not going to lie!! I could probably live off of those (and cheese) if I could! So its all about finding healthy alternatives while staying on track right?!?! 

One meal I get in every day is my Shakeology.  Whether you have heard of it or not, I'm going to give you an idea of how awesome it is!! A meal replacement with over 70 natural ingredients and superfoods, to help curb my cravings by fueling my body with what it really needs! It also has helped with my energy levels---> Yes, when you intake all these NATURAL ingredients, you will notice a difference in how you feel throughout your day!


Whats really cool about this is it has so many more benefits to your health (click on my link above or below to get more info), but also you can do so much more than just shakes!! The point of Shakeology is to make it easy, convenient, but healthy for you so your giving your body what it needs without hassle of cooking up a million veggies, strange fruits and superfoods that you pay a crazy ton of money in other countries (or the supplements at GNC). Now you can also make desserts, snacks, and more so keep you going throughout the day, but also helping you from falling into those unhealthy temptations of sweet treats!  

Here is a perfect snack/treat you can make for yourself to help you stay on track but satisfy those cravings too:

Chocolate Shakeology Oatmeal Bars
Deidra Penrose, chocolate shakeology bars, clean eating recipes, healthy dessert recipe, NPC figure, fitness mom, healthy nurse, oatmeal recipes, superfoods, fitness goals,

Ingredients:
  • 4 scoops Chocolate Shakeology (or Vegan Chocolate)
  • 3 cups old-fashioned rolled Oats
  • 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 dash of ground cinnamon (I dashed two or three time :x)
  • 1 cup non-fat milk
  • 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter (I like JIF or skippy so doesn’t have all that oil on the top!)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • nonstick cooking spray
Directions:
  • Combine Shakeology, oats, cocoa powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix well.
  • Add milk, peanut butter, and vanilla extract; mix well. I usually mix with my hands to make sure that everything is combined.
  • Place in an 8×8 in pan, and coat it slightly with the nonstick cooking spray.
  • Cover with plastic wrap and press down to flatten into pan.
  • Refrigerate for 3 hours, then cut into 12 bars.
If you would like more healthy recipes, tips, and help with reaching your health and fitness goals, please fill out the application below for a spot in my next fitness challenge/support group.

No comments :

Post a Comment