Chicken alfredo with spaghetti squash
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. chicken breast, diced
1/2 an onion, sliced
· 2 cloves garlic, minced, more if you like garlic:)
· 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
· 1 1/3 c. fat free milk
· 1 c grated fresh parmasaen cheese
· 3 tbsp. fat free or 1/3 less fat cream cheese
· 1/2 tsp. sea salt
· 1 spaghetti squash
· parsley, cracked black pepper for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken (season it with a little Mrs. dash garlic and herb, sea salt, and pepper)
- Cook chicken till done, browning just a bit. Remove from pan.
- Put a little more olive oil in pan and turn heat down to med.
- Add onions and fry til mostly done, then add garlic. Do not burn (gets bitter)
- Stir in flour and cook for a little bit. Dont burn!
- Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk. It will clump if you add it all at the same time
- Cook 6 min. or until mixture thickens.
- while cooking, cut spaghetti squash in half length wise and cook upside down in microwave for 14 min.. let cool
- Add 3/4 cup. PARMESAN cheese, cream cheese, and sea salt, stirring with a whisk until cheeses melt.
- Taste and add whatever you think it needs (sea salt and pepper)
- take spaghetti squash out with a fork…(it will look exactly like SPAGHETTI)
- add chicken and sauce on top of spaghetti squash
- garnish with parsley and cracked pepper.
this is a great replacement for alfredo and the whole family will love it!
if you are looking to learn more about nutrition and how to cook healthy for the whole family? Join my next fitness challenge and learn how to make meal plans, get fitness and nutrition tips, and learn to be healthy for you and your entire family!
Message me for details email@example.com
find me on facebook facebook.com/deidra.penrose