Tuesday, July 15, 2014

NPC Figure Prep and Healthy Tips!

I have had an interesting week so far, and it's only Tuesday!! Is that bad?!?! LOL...
So this is 15 weeks and counting down until my NPC Figure Competition.... NO cheat meals, strict, and double cardio daily.

NPC figure, NPC Figure competition prep, clean eating, Deidra Penrose, healthy eating, fitness motivation, Mancakes, healthy breakfast, leg day, weight lifting women, team beachbody coach, successful beach body coach, top beach body coach, stay at home mom, healthy mom, healthy nurse, nurse and fitness, elite beach body coach, weight loss journey, weight loss transformation, golds gym, health and fitness coach, accountability
Eating my Mancakes!! haha
NPC figure, NPC Figure competition prep, clean eating, Deidra Penrose, healthy eating, fitness motivation, Mancakes, healthy breakfast, leg day, weight lifting women, team beachbody coach, successful beach body coach, top beach body coach, stay at home mom, healthy mom, healthy nurse, nurse and fitness, elite beach body coach, weight loss journey, weight loss transformation, golds gym, health and fitness coach, accountability
Leg day!




I know I still have ways to go, but I am glad to see I am starting to see changes in my quads!!! YAY!!  Hopefully it continues from here!! Its still hard to picture myself on show day! Ive never been that lean, so I am really looking forward to seeing how this will turn out!!
PS. I let go of my trainer yesterday and as I was extremely frustrated, I will say yesterday was probably my best workout Ive had lol!  Im very upset about it because he was very knowledgeable and knows what he's doing, but I need consistency... UGH!! Ok that was my vent and struggle for this week!! Moving onto bigger and better things!!  

Last week, I did PiYo as my cardio in the morning (great stretch, flexibility, and toning workout), and then afternoon, I do my workout and cardio post-workout (Steep Incline and focusing on squeezing buttocks).  Let me tell you I didn't think I would get a great workout with my upper hamstring and glutes on incline at 3 MPH, but let me tell you how much of a difference it is when you focus and squeeze on each step!! HOLY MAN!! I am already shaping my bum!!! YAY!! I know thats one of the hardest things to shape when preparing for show time, so at least I know Im doing something right!
This week, I am changing things up a bit.  Instead of PiYo, I am going to do T25 which is a 25 minute home fitness program that gives you cardio, and weight training all in one to help you achieve your fitness goals!  I am hoping tricking my body will give me that extra step closer to my goals!


NPC figure, NPC Figure competition prep, clean eating, Deidra Penrose, healthy eating, fitness motivation, Mancakes, healthy breakfast, leg day, weight lifting women, team beachbody coach, successful beach body coach, top beach body coach, stay at home mom, healthy mom, healthy nurse, nurse and fitness, elite beach body coach, weight loss journey, weight loss transformation, golds gym, health and fitness coach, accountability, E&E, energy and endurance, pre workout drink, energy drink, natural energy drink
Sometimes you just need a little E&E to give you energy!
Im not going to lie, I have needed some extra energy in the mornings and afternoon!! This training wears me out a little!! I am use to my home fitness training which definitely got me to my goals, but changing your routine completely is making me extra sleepy!! Deidra- Get with the program!!!

NPC figure, NPC Figure competition prep, clean eating, Deidra Penrose, healthy eating, fitness motivation, Mancakes, healthy breakfast, Shakeology, protein shake, health shake, meal replacement shakes, weight lifting women, team beachbody coach, successful beach body coach, top beach body coach, stay at home mom, healthy mom, healthy nurse, nurse and fitness, elite beach body coach, weight loss journey, weight loss transformation, golds gym, health and fitness coach, accountability
Family snack- SHAKEOLOGY
Ok, so I love the fact that my hubby is totally supporting me through this!! I was craving at night, and  my hubby passed up the ice cream and asked me to make him a shake so we can have one together! YES PLEASE!! I need all the help I can get!! Of course, my kids are completely obsessed with our Shakeology also, so they joined in on the fun for movie/Shakeology night!! <3 nbsp="" p="">
NPC figure, NPC Figure competition prep, clean eating, Deidra Penrose, healthy eating, fitness motivation, Mancakes, healthy breakfast, egg whites, hard boiled eggs, Sriracha hot sauce, weight lifting women, team beachbody coach, successful beach body coach, top beach body coach, stay at home mom, healthy mom, healthy nurse, nurse and fitness, elite beach body coach, weight loss journey, weight loss transformation, golds gym, health and fitness coach, accountability
Egg whites and hot sauce!! MMMMMM
Ok, usually when you eat the same thing over and over, it gets old quick... I don't know what it is, but eating hard boiled eggs and Sriracha hot sauce is sooooo addicting to me!! I can eat them all day!!  Yes, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks!! HAHA Of course I want to eat the yoke with every egg, but I know I can only limit myself to one :)

Not sure if you have had this Sriracha hot sauce before, but I literally POUR it all over my eggs lol!! 
If you like Sriracha, check out my buffalo cauliflower recipe under clean eating recipes.... AMAZING!!!


NPC figure, NPC Figure competition prep, clean eating, Deidra Penrose, healthy eating, fitness motivation, Mancakes, healthy breakfast, leg day, weight lifting women, team beachbody coach, successful beach body coach, top beach body coach, stay at home mom, healthy mom, healthy nurse, nurse and fitness, elite beach body coach, weight loss journey, weight loss transformation, golds gym, health and fitness coach, accountability, fight temptations, food cravings, cheat meals, late night snacking


I had a lot of temptations with food this weekend with my in-laws here with us and my mother in law being an amazing baker that she is with her cookies!! I sat there and smelled them haha!


Luckily, I have my challenge groups on Facebook which are my support groups that I run to help my challengers reach their health and fitness goals.  I had to be a challenger and post so people helped me stay on track!! Otherwise, I may have given in!

Once I stayed strong (ok took 1 bite), I felt much better and didn't need it! I know that is a psychological game and if I know I could have it, I wouldn't want it... So its just because I know I can't that now I want it!  Make sense?!? hehe



My MAN CAKE with APPLES RECIPE:

Ingredients:

  • 1 Green apple diced
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 8 egg whites, 1 yoke
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp cinnamon 
  • Olive Oil Spray

Directions:

  1. Put stove on medium and spray pan on stove with Olive oil spray
  2. Mix  first 5 ingredients in bowl and apply to pan on stove 
  3. Cook on each side for approximately 4 minutes, or until done to your liking
  4. Let cool and ENJOY!!

NPC figure, NPC Figure competition prep, clean eating, Deidra Penrose, healthy eating, fitness motivation, Mancakes, healthy breakfast, clean oatmeal, man cakes, oatmeal cinnamon with apples, healthy breakfast recipe, weight lifting women, team beachbody coach, successful beach body coach, top beach body coach, stay at home mom, healthy mom, healthy nurse, nurse and fitness, elite beach body coach, weight loss journey, weight loss transformation, golds gym, health and fitness coach, accountability

NPC figure, NPC Figure competition prep, clean eating, Deidra Penrose, healthy eating, fitness motivation, Mancakes, healthy breakfast, clean oatmeal, man cakes, oatmeal cinnamon with apples, healthy breakfast recipe, weight lifting women, team beachbody coach, successful beach body coach, top beach body coach, stay at home mom, healthy mom, healthy nurse, nurse and fitness, elite beach body coach, weight loss journey, weight loss transformation, golds gym, health and fitness coach, accountability
** Remember, I am training for a figure show, so I have increased my protein intake ALOT!! I also do not count calories, I count protein, carbs, and fat intake!  :) 


One of my favorite snacks I had was my hummus and raw veggies... I really shouldn't be having hummus, but I was good about portion size and I still have time before getting really strict ;)

NPC figure, NPC Figure competition prep, clean eating, Deidra Penrose, healthy eating, fitness motivation, healthy snacks, healthy kids snacks, weight lifting women, team beachbody coach, successful beach body coach, top beach body coach, stay at home mom, healthy mom, healthy nurse, nurse and fitness, elite beach body coach, weight loss journey, weight loss transformation, golds gym, health and fitness coach, accountability


NPC figure, NPC Figure competition prep, clean eating, Deidra Penrose, healthy eating, fitness motivation, healthy snacks, healthy kids snacks, weight lifting women, team beachbody coach, successful beach body coach, top beach body coach, stay at home mom, healthy mom, healthy nurse, nurse and fitness, elite beach body coach, weight loss journey, weight loss transformation, golds gym, health and fitness coach, accountability
The kiddos eat healthy with me!
Watermelon, blueberries, and cheese for the boys!! We had a nice little lunch on the picnic  table together!!
Oh the joys and working from home!! Nothing better than hanging out at home with my boys and getting some work done at the same time!! ;) This was lunch break!!

NPC figure, NPC Figure competition prep, clean eating, Deidra Penrose, healthy eating, fitness motivation, fitness inspiration, mommy and kid healthy, mommy and son fitness, family fitness motivation, healthy family, fitness motivation, weight lifting women, team beachbody coach, successful beach body coach, top beach body coach, stay at home mom, healthy mom, healthy nurse, nurse and fitness, elite beach body coach, weight loss journey, weight loss transformation, golds gym, health and fitness coach, accountability


Im leaving you all with this.... we are all going to have struggles, doubts, and instability... that's just a part of life and our job is to learn to deal and cope with what we have.  Realize what you are struggling with, someone else has it worse than you.  Take everything you have and be thankful! I am thankful that my family is supporting me through my journey 110%! I will say, 4 weeks ago, when I told my husband that I was entering to train for my first NPC figure competition, he was upset.  He said that is unattractive and he does not want me looking like that.....
Well, 4 weeks have gone by and he has totally changed his thoughts! He is proud of my hard work, and is helping me when I have cravings, and even talks about what Im doing to train for my show! Can't forget the nice compliments I'm getting about my physique :) 

If you just be you, and be your best, that should be enough for anyone who loves you and cares about you and your happiness and success!  Do what makes you happy, because at the end of the day, you have 1 life, and who knows when it may be your last... live it to your fullest and without regret EVERY DAY!!!

Do you like leading a healthy lifestyle and maybe helping others with their health and fitness goals? Maybe be able to work from home, while working whatever hours you choose?  NO BOSS MAN to tell you what to do.. YUP, be the own CEO of your own business??
Fill out my application below to be a part of this fitness journey with me while helping others and brining home an income for you and/or your family!

I will contact you for details about joining my 30 coach basics training to help you grow a successful business in just months! Its time to turn your passion into your career!

There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.

No comments :

Post a Comment