Since I am prepping for my first Figure NPC show and I am about 13 weeks out, I am using the grill for almost all my protein and veggies!! I don't know why, but everything tastes SOOOOO much better this way!!
Some ways to keep your nutrition regimen healthy while grilling:
- Use the grill instead of cooking with butter
- Grill veggies and use spray EVOO instead of cooking on stove in butter
- A little seasoning doesn't hurt to improve the taste
- Add fruit as a side instead of heavy carbs like macaroni or potato salad
- Lay off the salt- Herbs will do the trick!
Here are just a few things I have grilled over the past week:
|Zucchini Turkey Burgers|
|Zucchini from the garden!|
Oh yea!! Topping it off with just a little shredded cheese, garlic powder, and pepper!
|Kabobs?!? HECK YES!!!|
Yesterday, I went crazy with my veggies lol!
Since I am not allowed my raw veggies with hummus, I had to find away to still eat the veggies... These are mini sweet peppers sliced up and I also added sliced zucchini, onions, mushrooms, and of course minced garlic and pepper!! YUMMO!!
I am so proud of myself for creating this recipe!! Ok, this may have been out there, but I thought of it without searching lol!
Spaghetti Squash with Chicken and Grilled Veggies
Ingredients: (Serving approx 6)
- 1 lb of 6 oz chicken breasts grilled
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 lb mini sweet peppers
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 4 oz raw mushrooms
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 3 tbsp EVOO
To cook Spaghetti Squash:
-Cut in half length wise
-Remove seeds from middle on each side and set upside down on plate (round part facing up)
-Cook in microwave for approx 12-14 min or until soft
-Use fork to remove squash that will appear like spaghetti
- Grill Chicken on medium until thoroughly cooked.
- Take raw peppers and zucchini, mushrooms, onion, garlic, black pepper, and EVOO and place on top of foil.
- Mix so EVOO and seasoning is throughout veggie mix
- Grill on medium for approx 12 min without covering, stirring a few times to brown ends slightly.
- Cut Grilled chicken into small cubes.
- Place Spaghetti squash on bottom of plate to act as spaghetti noodles, then once veggies are done, place on top of squash, then top with cubed chicken.
* If you would like more help with clean eating and reaching your ultimate health and fitness goals, please fill out my application below for a spot in my next 60 day fitness challenge group held in a closed group on Facebook. I will work 1:1 with you to give you daily motivation and support, along with tips, recipes, and help with meal planning!
Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.