Zucchini Lasagna Clean Eating
1 large onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 Zucchini, Large - sliced into ¼ " thick pieces
10 oz Lean Ground Turkey
1 24 oz jar of tomato sauce
2 c low fat Cottage Cheese
1 tsp whole wheat flour
½ cup Finely Shredded Mozzarella
2 tbsp Grated Parmesean and Romano Cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350*
2) In a large non-stick frying pan, saute onion and garlic over medium heat until tender. Add tomato sauce and ground meat, and bring all ingredients to consistent heat for 10 minutes (until browned). Season with salt & pepper, to taste. Remove from heat.
3) In a small bowl, slightly beat the egg. Stir in cottage cheese, flour, and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. 4) Pour 1/2 of meat-tomato sauce mixture into a 1 1/2-quart roasting pan. Top with 1 1/4 cups zucchini slices and cottage cheese mixture.Then cover with remaining meat-tomato sauce mixture and zucchini
5) Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
6) Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake 10 minutes longer
7) Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
*You can use a mandoline to slice zucchini and also you have to salt the zucchini and let the water sweat out of it and then rinse it, otherwise it will be soupy. Also, in step 2, you can use the ground turkey and let it brown first and then added the sauce.
Deidra Penrose-Team beach Body Coach