The holiday is right around the corner, and I personally know how easy it is to fall off track with your nutrition.... I mean come on, the food is EVERYWHERE!!
But it's time to stop thinking the holiday is all about eating as much food as you can and focus on the real meaning of the holidays!! Let's focus on being thankful and surrounding ourselves around our families!!!
Ok, so yea, there is still food everywhere lol... but instead of being like the "average people who gain 5 lbs minimum over the holidays", lets be the over achievers who make healthy alternatives to still enjoy the holiday but stay on track and feel amazing after eating!!
Seriously, I feel like people think its mandatory to have a food baby after eating Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner lol!! IT'S NOT mandatory, I promise!!!! :)
Healthy Holiday Stuffing
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 10 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat the chicken broth over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and saute until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, parsley, paprika, nutmeg, cranberries, and walnuts. Add the onion and celery mixture. Stir to mix evenly.
- Spoon stuffing into the prepared baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 more minutes. Serve immediately.