Sometimes it's just difficult to get our kiddos to eat... but feeding them with chemicals and artificial sweeteners is not the answer! I know, it's fast, easy, and convenient to stop at a fast food restaurant or buy easy snacks at the grocery store, but have you ever stopped to think how easy it is to feed our kids fresh healthy food?
Our job is not only to "feed" them, but we need to give them FUEL their little bodies so they grow big and strong, not big (overweight) and weak. As the parents, WE must be the ones to take action and do whats best as their role models!
So I am going to share some really simple KID FRIENDLY SNACKS that have been a savior for me!! Mind you, I have a very picky 4 year old, but as I am committed to my plan, he knows mommy is the boss and he either eats what mommy puts down, or "he wont grow big and strong like a football player or Batman"---> Feel free to use whatever super hero or sports player they like! :)
- Grapes, cucumbers, and hummus- This is a perfect combo of food!! Cucumbers with some hummus (if they refuse the hummus, I also use Greek yogurt Ranch), and a little fruit to top it off!! The sugar content in grapes is slightly high, but compared to candy with sugar is no competition! Go with the fresh grapes!!
Yup, he is one happy camper!!
- Greek Yogurt- You can do a lot with this!! I usually do 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, add some fresh fruit (my kids live strawberries), then top it off with a little Agave Nectar, which is a great sweetener that is low on the glycemic index, so it is great for diabetics!
- Rice Cakes and Peanut Butter- Who doesn't love a little crunch with some rice cakes?! My boys LOVE them!! They are light, and easy for them to handle! Add a tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter (I use Jiff), and wallah!
- Apple and Peanut Butter- Ok so maybe I like peanut butter and the addiction has rubbed off on my boys lol?! A little healthy fat won't hurt!! Slice those apples up, and if your kids are crazy like mine, they need the skin off too, then put 1 tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter in a little bowl, and let them dip away!!
- Peanut Butter & Banana Bites- Ok I am almost done with the peanut butter lol!! So much you can do with it!! Healthy fats and healthy protein!!