Thursday, January 14, 2016

Hammer and Chisel Week 5 and Figure Competition Prep 15 weeks out!

So this Hammer and Chisel is definitely my FAVORITE home fitness program!! It gives me everything I need!! I get the heavier weight training, cardio, plyo all in 1 program!! Best of both worlds!! 
Deidra Penrose, NPC Figure Competitor, fitness competitor, top Beachbody Coach PA, fitness  tips, clean eating tips, meal plan, Hammer and Chisel meal prep, Hammer and Chisel Meal Plan, healthy mom tips, fit nurse, weight loss journey, fitness motivation, fitness goals, women weight lifting

As Im training for my 3rd Figure Competition, I need that variety! I am really needing to build muscle in my quads, shoulders and back! Yes, all the areas that the judges look at most for figure competitors lol.. I need work!! 

Deidra Penrose, NPC Figure Competitor, fitness competitor, top Beachbody Coach PA, fitness  tips, clean eating tips, meal plan, Hammer and Chisel meal prep, Hammer and Chisel Meal Plan, healthy mom tips, fit nurse, weight loss journey, fitness motivation, fitness goals, women weight lifting

Im doing something different this time... I have trained for both my shows previously working out at the gym AND home, but this time, I will soley focus on my workouts at home! I am moving and am getting my incline treadmill which will help with some of my morning cardio workouts or post leg workouts, getting my bowflex dumbbells of course, and bench with a leg extension .. I am also working on getting another piece of equipment so I can do arm, shoulder, and back workouts with cables.  Time to show people what can happen at home!! 

I love the gym, but for me, its more convenient with getting my workouts in the morning and doing another quick workout in between work.  I don't have to take my kids anywhere or wake them up! So for any mommas out there that feel the same way, trust me, you can make it happen and it doesn't have to take a gym membership!!

Deidra Penrose, NPC Figure Competitor, fitness competitor, top Beachbody Coach PA, fitness  tips, clean eating tips, meal plan, Hammer and Chisel meal prep, Hammer and Chisel Meal Plan, healthy mom tips, fit nurse, weight loss journey, fitness motivation, fitness goals, women weight lifting

This past weekend, I was away and did manage to get my workouts in at the hotel gym which was fun because I was able to workout with my girls!!  It is so fun just being able to surround yourself around other positive and uplifting people with the same passion for health and fitness and exercise and just trying to better yourself and be a great role model!

OK we kinda rocked this one out!!



Deidra Penrose, NPC Figure Competitor, fitness competitor, top Beachbody Coach PA, fitness  tips, clean eating tips, meal plan, Hammer and Chisel meal prep, Hammer and Chisel Meal Plan, healthy mom tips, fit nurse, weight loss journey, fitness motivation, fitness goals, women weight lifting, shakeology, pre workout drink, health shake, high quality protein shake, meal replacement shake
I wont say its easy every day, trust me, I struggle too and need my pre-workout drink to get my butt going in the morning, but I do work hard daily to make it happen!  Once I get that Pre-workout in, its on like donkey kong!!   I use Our Beachbody Performance Line (my new favorite) Energize! I ran out so kept with my Energy and Endurance...  they are the two pre workouts that don't give me jitters or make me itchy from the niacin!
Deidra Penrose, NPC Figure Competitor, fitness competitor, top Beachbody Coach PA, fitness  tips, clean eating tips, meal plan, Hammer and Chisel meal prep, Hammer and Chisel Meal Plan, healthy mom tips, fit nurse, weight loss journey, fitness motivation, fitness goals, women weight lifting

NUTRITION:
Ok who agrees that nutrition is like the hardest thing with being healthy?!?! I meal prep and plan out what Im eating, but it doesn't always work out that way!
Hey, do I still get an A for Effort?!? 
I got lots of baked chicken, turkey meatballs, salads, green beans, cucumbers, buffalo cauliflower (yes its amazing), and fresh fruit!! 

Every day, I include my Shakeology to help give me the dense nutrition and superfoods to really fuel my body! 

For my show prep, I will be using it 2 times daily morning and second snack of the day as I did for my last 2 shows, and then about 4 weeks out, I will cut it out all together just to make sure I can lean out as much as possible since I can't even eat fruit then.
I literally cook up everything I need in 2 hours or less so its all done and I stress less during the week!!

Also, for my kids, yes, they do eat almost all of this too!! They love chicken, fruit, veggies (my 3 year old loves salad with greek yogurt ranch!) and some of my fancy recipes!!

So here you have it!! This is my week so far and despite a little off tracking with my nutrition (3 cheat meals over the weekend), Im back on and kicking butt this week!! Sunday I will be sharing my progress pics! STAY TUNED!!!

*If you would like to get daily support, motivation, and help with your fitness goals, please fill out the application below for a spot in my next private online group fitness challenge! 

There will be a requirement to use a home fitness program of your choice with Team Beachbody that I will help you pick based on your fitness level and preference of workout along with incorporating Shakeology into your regimen 1 meal a day with your other 4 meals a day to help with your nutrition!





No comments :

Post a Comment