It is so important to fill our bodies with nutrients to fuel our bodies and improve our health and well-being, rather than just taking the easy way out all the time! Tell me, if you have gone through eating healthy, does it not feel so much better than eating those chips, pizza, and pop to where you are bloated and miserable?! Then the worst part is, you continue craving that food! You don't have to, but when you feed your body anything, your taste buds will automatically alter to crave what you feed it! Yes, this means, if you feed your body healthy food and nutrients, your body will crave that too!! We just have to give it a chance!!
Since we are human and always want the easy way out, we do not even give out bodies a chance when it comes to eating healthy and losing weight the RIGHT WAY!
So I am here to tell you today to get off the fad diets, and work for what your getting! Anything worth having is going to take work... but I promise you, you will be happier and healthier in the long run! Think of adding years to your life to be around your family longer, about not being afraid to be in public anymore because you feel everyone is looking at you.. think of the role model you are being for your children, or future children. Believe it or not, people are watching you... people admire you, so being the best role model out their will only benefit everyone! Think about the strength and sense of accomplishment you will feel having the ability to control your portions and snacking... Having self control and a sense of accomplishment may be one of the biggest successes out there!
So, it is time to let go of the excuses.... no more I have no time, no more eating healthy is too expensive, because I guarantee you, dairy queen, fast food, & star bucks is NOT cheap!! Nor is sitting in front of the TV eating a whole bag of chips and drinking soda upon soda! You may think I'm being harsh, but sometimes the truth has to hurt in order to make a change! It's time to suffer the pain now before suffering with regret later!
I am going to provide you with some of my favorite snacks I use when I do not feel like cooking, or need something fast and easy!!
1. Fresh Fruit Plate: 1/2 Cup Fresh Strawberries, 1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries, 3/4 cup Plain Greek yogurt and a drizzle of pure maple syrup for a little sweetness!!
2. Shakeology: A health shake meal replacement that contains your daily dose of nutrients, vitamins and minerals to give you energy, take away cravings, and improve your digestion and heart health! CLICK HERE to learn more about Shakeology!
3. Kashi yogurt bowl: 3/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt, 1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal (I use mixed berry) and 1/2 cup fresh fruit!
4. Clean Chocolate Pudding: This is one snack I could eat every night that helps me get over my sweet tooth! 3/4 cup Plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 scoop Chocolate protein powder ( I use Shakeology), 1 tbsp PB2, and 1 tbsp natural Peanut butter! Top off with 1 tbsp soy free gluten free chocolate chips (found in Organic section at most local grocery stores).
5. Raw Veggies and Hummus: I go for cucumbers, and raw red and green sliced peppers! I am a spicy fan, so my hummus is usually supremely spicy by Sabra! Roasted red pepper is great too! 1/4 cup of hummus is a serving!
6. Nuts and Edamame: I am a huge fan of cinnamon almonds and raw almonds... When I need little spice, I go for the habanero BBQ (AMAZING), but watch your portions! about 14 almonds is a serving size! Those are your healthy fats! Edamame is an easy snack to take along and put in a small zip lock baggie when you just need something to crunch on, but is high in protein!
7. Some other snacks I have here are Shakeology (travels packets), Mixed berries with Edamame, LUNA bar, and a cutie! What is nice about these snacks is NONE of them need refrigerated, so here you have NO excuse not to be healthy! You can shake up your shake in a shaker cup with water (blending is more fun though of course :) ) and Luna bars are protein bars that help when I want some chocolate!
8. QUEST BARS: Ok I am pretty sure QUEST bars are my favorite protein bar!! They keep me full, lots of protein, and not that many ingredients! When you have less ingredients, they are most likely better for you! Cookie dough and cookies and cream are definitely my favorite!
9. Tomato, Feta, Basil, & EVOO: Such an easy snack and simple ingredients! Cut, top it off, and enjoy!
10. Ants on a log: You got it! You can make eating healthy fun too! Celery, a little natural peanut butter, and top it off with a few raisins!
11. Mixed nuts and berries: Throw together a few nuts and berries and call it a day! Doesn't get much easier than this!
12. Rice cakes and Peanut Butter: So most people who know me know I can't go a day without a scoop of peanut butter! I like to throw it on a rice cake and call it a day!
13. Tony Horton Sticky Bars: Im a big fan of Tony Horton, and a big fan of his sticky bars!! CLICK HERE for recipe!
14. Grapes and Cheese: I am a cheese lover and grapes too! I don't know who put these together as a snack, but they are brilliant! Now be careful since grapes are high in sugar and cheese can be high in fat! I go for the 1% reduced fat if possible and watch your portions!
15. Kale Chips: Nothing easier than throwing Raw Kale on a cookie sheet and 1 tbsp EVOO with Himalayan salt sprinkled on top and bake at 350 for 12 minutes! You got yourself a healthy snack!
There it is for you! Lots of healthy and easy snacks to chose from! You can make being healthy fun and interesting without spending tons of money and using a lot of time! Remember, it's all about HOW BAD YOU WANT IT!!
If you would like more tips, support, and motivation to help you reach your health and fitness goals, please fill out an application to get an exclusive spot in my next fitness challenge. This group requires you to check into our closed group on face book daily to keep yourself accountable and tell me as your coach how your day went! Time to get those results!!
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.