Friday, December 18, 2015

Turkey Meatballs over Quinoa and Kale Salad

I try and eat red meat once a week, so I usually sub my red meat for turkey burger, esp when I've had too much chicken.  You and I both know you can only do so much with chicken and then you just need to switch things up!

So I was thinking of what I can make for dinner and lunches for a couple days...I already had some quinoa made, frozen organic kale in the freezer, and some organic tomato sauce, so I decided to make up a nice little lunch/dinner that the family will love!

Ok, I can't lie, lol my mom totally had this when I was home and happened to have all the ingredients so I went with it! I can't give myself all the credit.. WAY TO GO MAMA!! I love the we both love clean eating now, because we work together and come up with pretty awesome recipes!! 

So I am actually going to give you the entire recipe for this meal!! It's actually really simple to do and healthy!  

Turkey Meatballs over Quinoa and Kale Salad
Deidra Penrose, Quinoa, Kale salad, Turkey meatballs, weight loss, get fit, Beachbody Coach Chambersburg PA, healthy new mom, weight loss recipes, clean eating tips, fitness journey, healthy nurse, nurse and fitness, healthy eating tips, organic, wheat germ
To make Turkey Meatballs:
Ingredients:
  • 1 lbs lean ground turkey meat
  • 1/4 cup organic spaghetti sauce
  • 1/8 cup wheat germ
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp cracked pepper
Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
  2. Mix all ingredients together in medium bowl.
  3. Make mixture into balls (medium size) 2 in diameter
  4. Place balls on cookie sheet sprayed with olive oil.
  5. Bake for 25 min.
To Make Quinoa/Kale Salad:
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 2 1/2 cups water
  • 4 cups frozen (or fresh) chopped kale
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp cracked pepper
  • 1 tbsp EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
  • 1 cup organic spaghetti sauce
Directions:
  1. Cook quinoa according to directions on package (boil 2 cups of water and place 1 cup quinoa in boiling water until water dissolves and quinoa is soft)
  2. While cooking quinoa, put kale in pan and add 1/2 cup water. Place lid over kale and cook on medium for 5 minutes (or until kale is soft and dark green). Be careful not to over cook kale and strip the nutrients away. 
  3. Once kale is cooked, strain kale and let out water.
  4. Add cooked quinoa to kale and mix in large pan on stove. 
  5. Add 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp cracked pepper, and EVOO to mixture and stir. 
To put recipe all together:
  1. On a plate, put quinoa and kale salad down (1 cup will make 1 serving).
  2. Add 1/8 cup organic spaghetti sauce on top of quinoa and kale salad.
  3. Place 3 medium size turkey meatballs on top or to side.
  4. ENJOY!!
For more healthy recipes, fitness and nutrition tips, and also get daily support, 1:1 coaching from ME to help YOU with your fitness journey, please fill out the application below for a spot in my next fitness challenge group held online!
This WILL require you to incorporate an home fitness program, clean eating, and daily check-ins for your own accountability!

No comments :

Post a Comment