So I was thinking of what I can make for dinner and lunches for a couple days...I already had some quinoa made, frozen organic kale in the freezer, and some organic tomato sauce, so I decided to make up a nice little lunch/dinner that the family will love!
Ok, I can't lie, lol my mom totally had this when I was home and happened to have all the ingredients so I went with it! I can't give myself all the credit.. WAY TO GO MAMA!! I love the we both love clean eating now, because we work together and come up with pretty awesome recipes!!
So I am actually going to give you the entire recipe for this meal!! It's actually really simple to do and healthy!
Turkey Meatballs over Quinoa and Kale Salad
To make Turkey Meatballs:
- 1 lbs lean ground turkey meat
- 1/4 cup organic spaghetti sauce
- 1/8 cup wheat germ
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Make mixture into balls (medium size) 2 in diameter
- Place balls on cookie sheet sprayed with olive oil.
- Bake for 25 min.
To Make Quinoa/Kale Salad:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 cups frozen (or fresh) chopped kale
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 cup organic spaghetti sauce
- Cook quinoa according to directions on package (boil 2 cups of water and place 1 cup quinoa in boiling water until water dissolves and quinoa is soft)
- While cooking quinoa, put kale in pan and add 1/2 cup water. Place lid over kale and cook on medium for 5 minutes (or until kale is soft and dark green). Be careful not to over cook kale and strip the nutrients away.
- Once kale is cooked, strain kale and let out water.
- Add cooked quinoa to kale and mix in large pan on stove.
- Add 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp cracked pepper, and EVOO to mixture and stir.
To put recipe all together:
- On a plate, put quinoa and kale salad down (1 cup will make 1 serving).
- Add 1/8 cup organic spaghetti sauce on top of quinoa and kale salad.
- Place 3 medium size turkey meatballs on top or to side.
For more healthy recipes, fitness and nutrition tips, and also get daily support, 1:1 coaching from ME to help YOU with your fitness journey, please fill out the application below for a spot in my next fitness challenge group held online!
This WILL require you to incorporate an home fitness program, clean eating, and daily check-ins for your own accountability!