Does it mean your OVERWEIGHT because your THIGHS TOUCH?!
After thinking about it, I thought about how I say it all the time... "I wish my thighs wouldn't rub together so I'm not having my shorts ride up!"... yup I said it and you females know EXACTLY what I'm talking about!
Then I was doing my morning cardio workout at home INSANITY MAX 30 (I love getting a good workout in first thing when I wake up when the kiddos are still sleeping) I realized that although my thighs touch, that does NOT mean I am over weight! In fact, I am 8 weeks out from an NPC Figure Competition and I have a good bit of muscle in those legs, but YES, they still touch!!
I want to help you understand the importance of begin FIT vs SKINNY! Now, our genetics totally play a role in our bodies to an extent, but it does NOT define who we are!! There is still 80% nutrition and 20% exercise to help you create how you look.
Our society has showed what the typical "skinny model figure" should look like. Victorias secret models for instance... and I am NOT disrespecting them by any means because those women are absolutely gorgeous, BUT, our bodies are not meant to look like that on a normal day. It is time to focus on what a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE looks like!
Yes, we have some curves, and our men love that! We can have curves and still have abs, tone legs, and arms. Its all on what you make it! This is what I call a healthy lifestyle which is what I do to get to where I am today:
- Clean eating- Skip the easy fast food and go for quality! Easy isn't always the best! What we put in our bodies will show on the outside.... our body fat, our skin, etc.
- When I grocery shop, I shop ALWAYS on the outside isles and work my way in! The healthiest and cleanest foods is found there!
- Fresh fruits, fresh veggies, lean meats, then inside isles (you do NOT need to go down every isle!) you will find you Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), coconut oil, seasonings (my cinnamon for my MAN CAKES), and natural PB!
- Exercise 30 minutes min a day! I am not asking you to spend hours at the gym! In fact, the way I reached my goals to get to where I am today is based off of my home fitness programs with Team Beachbody! Currently I am training for my 2nd Figure Competition and just finished INSANITY MAX 30 as my cardio and BODY BEAST for my weight training. Now I am continuing Body Beast, but also incorporating the brand new 21 DAY FIX EXTREME which is a total body workout that is 30 minutes long and includes weights. Having a variety of exercises will trick your body and continue increasing your metabolism and burn calories as you are working different muscle groups! This is what I do to keep myself from plateauing.
- SUPPORT- A huge part of my success comes from getting 1:1 support and motivation in my fitness challenge groups. As a fitness coach and being on my own fitness journey after having my second child, I realized that this area is what got me to my goals. It is what most people lack when they are on their journey and without support, many lose confidence, hope, and the ability to commit. My groups are held in a closed group on Facebook so ONLY those challengers who are ready to commit have their spot with me so I can focus on each person to achieve their goals.
Once you have the nutrition, the exercise, and the support, you will create success! Iv'e been through the journey myself as I said before, but have now helped hundreds of people with their journey as well and these transformations are not temporary, they are long term! So here we go, throw out the diets, starving yourself and time to do it the right way!!
This is exactly WHY I do what I do... WHY I am a Beachbody coach: To not only keep myself accountable and help others reach their ultimate goals!
To get an exclusive spot in my fitness support group, please fill out the application below and I will contact you within 24 hours!
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.