Saturday, August 23, 2014

Healthy Tips 101: Living A Healthy Lifestyle!

It seems like there is so much to do to create that healthy lifestyle, but in reality, if you can just follow a few tips and be consistent for even 21 days, it will become a habit and second nature to you! Yes, 21 days is all it takes to create a habit! 

I have found when starting my own journey, that when you set goals for yourself and put a date to when you want to reach those goals, you are more likely to succeed.  When you put a dead line on your goals, you are showing importance and will make them a priority!

So, what are the first steps to creating this healthy lifestyle??

Deidra Penrose, fitness tips, metabolism, fitness challenge, fitness motivation, inspiration, clean eating, top fitness coach, health and fitness coach, harrisburg beachbody fitness coach, Pittsburgh beachbody coach, clean eating, healthy tips,, weight loss tips, setting goals, healthy goals, fitness inspiration, clean eating goals, healthy tips, healthy lifestyle#1.  Set Goals and put a date on it! Make them realistic and attainable so you are able to reach them without getting frustrated that they seem so far away! 
* TIP Setting lots of small goals will help you feel more accomplished and like you are begin successful throughout your journey!


#2. Find an accountability partner- finding a family member or friend who wants to join you is a great way to stay on top of your regimen! Help each and give support to one another, especially when those obstacles come around and get in the way of your goals! If you have that extra support, you are more likely to follow through and succeed!

#3. Have A WHY- Your WHY to get started on this journey should be important enough that any obstacle will not effect you during your fitness journey. For me, my kids are a why for me.  Having them grow up with healthy habits will prevent obesity and making the right choices when they become independent! Also, I am doing this for myself so I can feel confident about myself and I want to be able to put any outfit in my closet on and not have to change 100 times because I do not feel comfortable! Im sure you women know what I mean by this lol!
Deidra Penrose, fitness tips, metabolism, fitness challenge, fitness motivation, inspiration, clean eating, top fitness coach, health and fitness coach, harrisburg beachbody fitness coach, Pittsburgh beachbody coach, clean eating, healthy tips, fitness inspiration, weight loss goals, weight loss tips

#4.  Find a workout regimen that works for YOU- As a mother of 2 young boys, its not always easy to just get up and go to the gym whenever I am able, so I use home workout programs to reach my goals! I don't have to drag my kids out of bed or find a sitter while Im working out.. BONUS- they join me in my workouts and see how mommy is getting healthy! 
Its amazing how the results come when you have a program telling you exactly what to do and take less breaks! These programs even come with a nutrition guide to help you get 100% results you are looking for! Yes, there are programs out there for EVERYONE!
I have finished programs such as T25 (25 minute workouts that include 5 weeks of cardio and 5 weeks of cardio with weights. Modifications are great and can be fore beginners or advanced athletes), P90X3 (30 minute workouts that include a variety of exercises from cardio, kickboxing, weight training, yoga, and more), PiYo (Pilates and yoga into faster pace movements that will improve your strength, flexibility, and definition.  This program also is great for people with knee or back problems- it is low impact and not hard on your body).  Turbo Fire is another program I used that is high intense cardio dancing that is fun and up beat! Chalene Johnson is the creator and is so motivating and keeps you going strong throughout these 20-55 minute workouts!  21 Day Fix is a great program that has 30 minute workouts and a variety of exercises (cardio, cardio with weights, upper focus, lower focus, yoga, pilates, and plyo) that will build your strength and tighten your entire body! Great modifications to all these workouts! This program is also portion control focused and has an amazing meal plan that include color coded containers for your food!

#5. Don't forget nutrition is key! Nutrition is 80% of your results, so if you workout and eat unhealthy, you may notice yourself stuck in the same place and not reaching your goals!
1 big help with my nutrition I have had was incorporating Shakeology into my nutrition regimen.  Shakeology is a health shake meal replacement that I use in place of either my breakfast, lunch, or evening meal to help with my cravings, energy, and bloating! It is NOT a protein shake, as it has many health benefits and high quality nutrients to naturally improve many aspects to your body and health!
This is one of my favorite videos that show what you are really getting out of every shake... It the nutrients that you do not get from every day foods you eat to make such big changes to your lifestyle!
Instead of fast food, this has become my fast food for half the price! It comes to my door every month so I do not have to even waste gas on getting these 30 extra meals a month!


#6.  Prepare to succeed! How do you prepare to succeed? Well, for me, I set myself up for success every week by meal planning! I take 1 day a week to plan my entire week out.  There is no more making excuses for not having my food handy, or not knowing what to eat because I make a meal plan and prep my food and it is already in separate containers and ready to go!
Check out how I meal prep for the week!



Deidra Penrose, fitness tips, metabolism, eat 3 hrs, fitness motivation, fitness challenge, inspiration, clean eating, top fitness coach, health and fitness coach, harrisburg beachbody fitness coach, Pittsburgh beachbody coach, clean eating, healthy tips,, meal plan healthy, healthy foods, grocery shopping tips, clean eating groceries, healthy lifestyle

Here are some food choices that are on my grocery list!

Deidra Penrose, fitness tips, metabolism, eat 3 hrs, fitness motivation,  fitness challenge, inspiration, clean eating, top fitness coach, health and fitness coach, harrisburg beachbody fitness coach, Pittsburgh beachbody coach, clean eating, healthy tips,, grocery shopping he alt tips

**TIP** Shopping at the grocery store on the outside parameters are where I find all my healthy and natural foods that are not processed and full of chemicals!! 


#7. Eat every 3 hours- Why is it so important to eat every 3 hours? Our body is just like a fire... in order to keep it going, you have to feed it.  If you don't give a fire fuel it will burn out right?? If you do not give your body healthy foods, it will also burn out and will use muscle as energy and store fat. Here is a great picture to show you what I mean!


Deidra Penrose, fitness tips, metabolism, eat 3 hrs, fitness motivation, inspiration, fitness challenge, clean eating, top fitness coach, health and fitness coach, harrisburg beachbody fitness coach, Pittsburgh beachbody coach, clean eating, healthy tips,


 #8. Drink Water- If at all possible, drink water!! So many reasons and benefits to water!!!

Deidra Penrose, fitness tips, metabolism, eat 3 hrs, fitness motivation, inspiration, clean eating, top fitness coach, health and fitness coach, harrisburg beachbody fitness coach, Pittsburgh beachbody coach, clean eating, healthy tips,, weight loss tips, setting goals, healthy goals, fitness inspiration, clean eating goals, healthy tips, healthy lifestyle, water, why drink water, water benefits

**TIP** how to know how much water you should drink daily- Take your weight and divide by 2 and turn that number into ounces! That is how much water in ounces you should drink!
Example.  I weight 130 lbs.  Divide 130 by 2 and get 65.  I should drink 65 ounces of water daily!

Deidra Penrose, fitness tips, metabolism, eat 3 hrs, fitness motivation, inspiration, clean eating, top fitness coach, health and fitness coach, harrisburg beachbody fitness coach, Pittsburgh beachbody coach, clean eating, healthy tips,, weight loss tips, setting goals, healthy goals, fitness inspiration, clean eating goals, healthy tips, healthy lifestyle, water benefits, why drink water

#9. Stay Motivated- Some people may ask, how the heck do I do that?
I have found keeping motivational quotes and pictures that I want to look like on my phone helps so if I am out and about and having an urge to give into temptation, I pull out my phone and look at these motivational quotes and pictures!  
These are also kept on my fridge where I can see before again, giving into temptation!! 
One of the best ways I have found motivation and support is my challenge groups I hold on Facebook! They are a closed group where I work 1:1 with my challengers to give them daily support, motivation, and accountability to help them reach their goals! These groups are what got me started on my own journey and I couldn't be where I am without them! 
My groups are 60 days long and I run them every month!  If you are interested in getting this motivation and support daily, please fill out my application below for a spot in my next group!


#10. Positive Attitude- Yes, keeping a positive attitude about your journey and believing in yourself will go a long way! If you don't believe in yourself, how are you going to get there? 

Deidra Penrose, fitness tips, metabolism, eat 3 hrs, fitness motivation, inspiration, clean eating, top fitness coach, health and fitness coach, harrisburg beachbody fitness coach, Pittsburgh beachbody coach, clean eating, healthy tips,, weight loss tips, setting goals, healthy goals, fitness inspiration, clean eating goals, healthy tips, healthy lifestyle, positive attitude, beachbody coach, challenge groups, fitness challenge

There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.

2 comments :