Sunday, June 16, 2013

Prep Day!!



PREP DAY!!

I especially love Sundays because I get myself ready for the upcoming week.. It is all about preparing for success!! First thing in the morning, I make my meal plan for the week.  This way, I know exactly what I need ahead of time. Next is going to the grocery store and getting all my goodies!! I only get what is on my list, so this prevents any extra spending.  I go home and get right to prepping my food.  I cook everything, even the meats (yes they stay fine for the week), and separate everything by meal in PORTION SIZES! That is extremely important!  Many people may have something come up or are late and just throw a huge heaping size of whatever food they have and end up eating it all because it is there, not even thinking about the extra calories.  So I separate according to portion sizes so I only have what I need. 
For proteins like fish, chicken, lean meat, I separate into 4 oz sizes.  Yes, protein is great for you, but protein is higher in calories, so you just need to make sure you are getting the right amount!
What I love about veggies is they are a free food!! What this means is you can really have as much as you want and it will not affect you in a negative way.  They are low in calories and even can be used as a snack in the evening if you are in the mood for a snack!!
When I prepare my meals, I make sure I have my complex carbs (breads, pastas) earlier in the day when I am moving around and staying active.  My oatmeal, whole wheat pasta, bread, and wheat wraps are usually in my 1-3rd meals.  I do 2-3 servings per day of the heavier carbs.  Some people like to stay away, but as long as they are not refined (processed), they are healthy for you and you need them for energy!!! 

YUMMO!!!!

I always make my meal plan so I can keep myself accountable during the week!!
This is part of my lifestyle, but also now my job! I love to do this, especially to post in my challenge groups to give ideas and for people to use it as a guide for themselves. 



Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Meal 1

Shakeology w PB2 almond milk
Shakeology w PB2 almond milk
Egg whites , turkey sausage and ¼  c oatmeal
Egg whites, turkey sausage ¼ c oatmeal
Shakeology w PB2 and almond milk
Egg whites, ¼ c oatmeal
Egg whites, ¼ c oatmeal
Meal 2

1 green apple w ff string cheese
1 green apple, 1 ff string cheese

1 oz almonds ff string cheese
1 oz almonds ff string cheese
Yogurt with fresh fruit drizzle with pure maple syrup
1 oz almonds, ff string cheese
1 oz almonds, ff string cheese
Meal 3
Chicken salad made with greek yogurt on lentil chips, spinach salad w feta, cranberry, walnuts, vin oil
Chicken salad made with greek yogrt on lentil chips, spinach salad feta, cranberry, walnuts, vin oil
Mexican salad w meatless crumbles/
Spinach, black beans ff shred cheese, salsa, peppers
Mexican salad w meatless crumbles, spinach,  black beans ff shred cheese, salsa, peppers
chicken salad on whole wheat wrap, veggie stir fry
Shakeology w PB2 almond milk
Chicken salad with spinach , tomato, feta, cranberry, walnuts, vin and oil
Meal 4

Mixed edamame and goji berry,  2 hard boiled eggs without yoke
Mixed edamame and goji berry,  2 hard boiled eggs without yoke
Veggies w hummus
Shakeology w PB2 and almond milk
Veggies w hummus
Westons 1st Birthday party- OFF MEAL, making veggie pizza w whole wheat crust, fruit salad, lean burgers/dogs, taco salad
Lentil chips w chicken salad made with greek yogurt
 Meal 5

Turkey burger w veggie stir fry
Turkey burger w veggie stir fry
Spinach salad w chicken, cranberry, walnuts, feta, oil n vin
Wedding- ordered chicken will have vodka with water and lemon to drink
Mexican salad w meatless crumbles spinach ff shredded cheese black beans
 Broccoli/cauliflower salad made with greek yogurt, ff shredded cheese, turkey bacon
Broccoli/cauliflower salad left over with lean burger
Meal 6
Raw peppers w hummus
Raw peppers w hummus
2 hard boiled eggs without yoke
2 hard boiled eggs without yoke
2 hard boiled eggs without yoke

Shakeology w PB2 almond milk


 

No comments :

Post a Comment