WHY DRINK WATER WARM & FIRST THING IN THE MORNING?!?!?
I know some people do not like to change up their rituals often in their daily life, BUT I recommend adding this ritual to your life!! You will realize why when you start doing it!!
Start the day out with a mug of warm water and the juice of half a lemon.
- It helps prevent the growth of pathogenic bacteria and the decomposition of tissue
- It assists in “cleansing the system of impurities” and will help prevent disease
- It is effective at dissolving uric acid (often the cause of pain and inflammation in joints) and other poisons in the body
- It can help reduce symptoms of malaria, rheumatism, gout, rickets and tuberculosis.
- Provide a natural strengthening agent to liver enzymes when they are too dilute
- Help fix oxygen and calcium levels in the liver, which ultimately affects blood oxygen levels
- One of the most important benefits of drinking lemon water regularly is its effect on the gastrointestinal tract. Lemon water assists in the process of digestion and elimination.
- Lemon juice is similar in atomic structure to saliva, hydrochloric acid, bile and the stomach’s other digestive juices.
- The digestive qualities of lemon juice help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating.
- Since lemons are high in minerals and vitamins, they will also help to eliminate waste through the bowels more efficiently, thus preventing or alleviating constipation, diarrhea and other gastrointestinal disorders.
Drinking lemon water has an alkalizing effect on the body.
- Although lemons are acidic, when they enter the inside of your body, they are actually alkaline. (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized). An alkaline body is really the key to good health.
- Increasing body alkalinity is one of the key benefits of drinking lemon water. In addition, because of its antibacterial properties, lemon water will help control unhealthy bacteria.
Boosts your Immune system
- Lemons are high in Vitamin C and potassium. Vitamin C is great for fighting colds and potassium stimulates brain and nerve function and helps control blood pressure.
Acts as a gentle, natural diuretic
- Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body. Toxins are, therefore, released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy.
- The vitamin C helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well.
Hydrates the lymph system
- This cup of goodness helps start the day on a hydrated note, which helps prevent dehydration (obviously) and adrenal fatigue. When your body is dehydrated, or deeply dehydrated (adrenal fatigue) it can't perform all of it's proper functions, which leads to toxic buildup, stress, constipation, and the list goes on. Your adrenals happen to be two small glands that sit on top of your kidneys, and along with your thyroid, create energy. They also secrete important hormones, including aldosterone. Aldosterone is a hormone secreted by your adrenals that regulates water levels and the concentration of minerals, like sodium, in your body, helping you stay hydrated. Your adrenals are also responsible for regulating your stress response. So, the bottom line is that you really don't want to mess with a deep state of dehydration!
- For all of you who want to drink warm lemon water for weight loss, here it is!! Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster.
Helps Kick Bad Habits
- Drinking lemon water in the morning can help kick your coffee or tea habit by hydrating, invigorating, and stimulating the body. I find that if I drink lemon water first thing in the morning, I hardly ever feel the need to drink my morning tea because the lemon water wakes me up and curbs the craving for caffeine.
Additional benefits for drinking lemon water:
- Helps purify the blood and will also control a tendency to bleed
- Assists in lowering high blood pressure
- Reduces the amount of phlegm in the body
- Relieves symptoms of asthma, allergies and other respiratory problems
Nourishes brain and nerve cells due to its potassium content
- Helps dissolves gallstones, calcium deposits, kidney stones, and pancreatic stones
- In pregnancy, it will help build strong bones in the child.
Putting this simple activity into your daily routine can completely change how you feel, look, and think!! If you have not given it a try, THIS IS YOUR TIME!!!
Like I said, the recipe is really simple—a cup of warm (not hot) water and the juice from half a lemon.