Whole Wheat Waffles with Berries
Ingredients: Per serving 6
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Wheat Germ
- 1/4 unsweetened apple-sauce
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 3/4 cup Almond milk
- 3 cups of your FAVORITE fresh berries! I used blueberries and raspberries.
- 1 tsp Pure maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, apple sauce, oil, and vanilla.
- Beat in whole wheat and all-purpose flour, wheat germ until mixture is smooth.
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with PAM or EVOO cooking spray. Pour batter in waffle maker and cook until golden brown on top (or until light says ready lol) :P
- Once waffle is done, place on plate and add your favorite fresh berries (1/2 cup per serving of waffle- 2 triangles)
- Drizzle pure maple syrup on top for some extra sweetness! ENJOY!
*If you are following the 21 DAY FIX meal plan, the containers for each serving (2 triangles or a half of waffle):
**If you are looking for more fitness tips, accountability, and help with your nutrition along your fitness journey, please fill out my application for a spot in my next fitness challenge group held in a closed group on Facebook. You will have me as your FREE coach and daily check-ins for your own accountability to help you reach your goals!
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.