Some of the groceries we bought were:
93% Lean Beef (for hubby and maybe I'll have some stuffed peppers :) )
Natural Peanut Butter
Almonds (raw and yes I buy coconut almonds by blue diamond)
PB2 (peanut butter powder with 85% less fat)
Greek Yogurt (plain)
Fresh minced garlic
So here is an example of what I get when I am eating clean and prepping for the week. Since my NPC Figure Competition Saturday, I have literally fallen off track with my eating which I kinda new it was going to happen because I was allowing myself to enjoy a couple days before cracking back down to the grind. Fortunately, I actually miss my clean foods! Once you are eating so healthy, your body and taste buds get acquired to what you are feeding your body with, just as if you eat unhealthy.
So on a good note, I'm excited for this meal prep and get back into my regimen!
**NEW RECIPE ALERT**
BALSAMIC SCALLOPS & ASPARAGUS OVER SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- Scallops 8 oz
- 1 bunch of fresh Asparagus
- 1 medium Spaghetti Squash
- 4 Tbsp EVOO
- 4 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped bella mushrooms
- Spray Pam
- Turn on grill and pre-heat to medium
- Take Spaghetti squash and cut length wise, and with a spoon cut out the seeds and middle.
- Flip squash upside down so round is facing up onto a plate. Put in microwave and cook for 12-14 min (depending on how big).
- Cut asparagus stems off and place on large piece of foil.
- Add 1 Tbsp EVOO on top of asparagus, along with 1 Tbsp minced garlic, mushrooms, and 1/4 red onion chopped. Place on grill for approximately 6 minutes or until dark green and tender to poke with fork.
- On another piece of foil, spray with Pam and place scallops on top and put on grill to cook for approximately 8 minutes.
- Once spaghetti squash is done, use fork and take out squash (should look like spaghetti). Put on plate (approximately 2 servings per squash)
- Once asparagus is done, set 6 slices on top of spaghetti squash with onions, mushrooms and garlic.
- Place scallops (4 oz per serving) on top of asparagus and spaghetti squash. Top of with 1 Tbsp EVOO and 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar.
- Serve and ENJOY!!
One of the fitness programs I use frequently to help with my own health and fitness goals is the 21 DAY FIX EXTREME where the program is focused on portion control, but has a variety of workouts... you get Upper body, Lower body, Total body, Cardio, Yoga, and Pilates, but whats even better is the program challenges you with using weights during each workout!
For the 21 Day Fix Extreme, I use:
1 Red container
2 Green Containers
1 Blue container
*If you interested in getting more clean recipes, nutrition and fitness tips, and would like daily accountability and support to reach your health and fitness goals, please fill out the application below for a spot in my next 6 week Beachbody Boot Camp Challenge!
Time to get that summer body so you don't have to be covered up at the beach or pool!
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.