Monday, March 17, 2014

Homemade Guacamole

Ok so as weird as this sounds, I was never a fan of Avocados... I know most people love them and they are so healthy, but for some reason, I have a hard time with the texture! I literally have had them 2 times, which was during my 21 Day Ultimate Reset! It was a very strict plan, so I was limited on what foods I could eat, so it was included in my salads, but would never eat it alone!
It was not until another co-worker of mine who is an amazing cook, brought in this green dip...Everyone was going crazy over how "amazing" it was, but the color and texture turned me away.. All day long, I kept hearing all about this Guacamole dip, so I decided to taste just a little bit! I took 1 scoop and added it to my brown rice and lean turkey burger.  I was completely blown away! That may have been a bite from heaven lol! I could not believe this entire time I was so opposed to Avocados, but really I just needed a good recipe with it!
So here it was! The most amazing dip I ever had... AND IT WAS HEALTHY!! Anytime I have a dip and it taste good, its usually not a healthy recipe.

HOME MADE GUACAMOLE DIP
Deidra Penrose, weight loss, healthy party dip, greek yogurt, lime, avocado, cilantro, tabasco sauce, clean eating, p90X3 meal plan, T25 meal plan, Team beach body, 6 star elite diamond beach body coach, healthy snack ideas, guacamole dip, party snack recipes


Ingredients:
Deidra Penrose, weight loss, healthy party dip, greek yogurt, lime, avocado, cilantro, tabasco sauce, clean eating, p90X3 meal plan, T25 meal plan, Team beach body, 6 star elite diamond beach body coach, healthy snack ideas, guacamole dip, party snack recipes
3 Avocados
1 large lime
3 roma tomatoes (chopped)
1 small onion (chopped)
2/3 pint of plain Greek yogurt
1 small bunch cilantro (chopped)
1 packet hidden valley ranch fiesta dip
A few shakes of Chipotle tobasco sauce
Directions:
Deidra Penrose, weight loss, healthy party dip, greek yogurt, lime, avocado, cilantro, tabasco sauce, clean eating, p90X3 meal plan, T25 meal plan, Team beach body, 6 star elite diamond beach body coach, healthy snack ideas, guacamole dip, party snack recipes
Add avocados, Greek yogurt,  cilantro, ranch dip, onion, and tobasco sauce into a food grinder ( I use a Ninja). 

Add chopped tomatoes and mix. 
Squeeze 1 lime on top (will help keep its color longer).
If you want the dip to maintain its color longer, the less air that touches the avocado, the longer it will stay green.  You can cover the dip with a pastic wrap and refrigerate.
* Serve with whole wheat pita chips or your favorite snack/dinner!
Deidra Penrose, healthy Guacamole dip, avocados, team beach body, 21 day fix , P90x3 meal plan, clean eating, health and fitness coach, healthy eating, weight loss, diet plans, nutrition, healthy snacks, party snack ideas, healthy side dishesAs silly as it sounds, this was amazing with brown rice and turkey burger!

No comments :

Post a Comment