Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fresh Bruschetta



Fresh Bruschetta


So if you know me, I am completely obsessed with bruschetta and feta cheese!! So I felt since I was constantly purchasing it, I need to learn to make it!! I have an awesome garden started, so this is the perfect time for me to make my own bruschetta!! So here is what you need…

INGREDIENTS:
4 medium tomatoes dices into small pieces (I cut out the centers )
½ medium onion diced into small pieces
¼ cup reduced fat feta cheese crumbled
1 tablespoon extra –virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
1 tablespoon fresh basil
1 clove garlic chopped
Pinch of Himalayan salt to taste
Pinch of pepper to taste


DIRECTIONS:
Mix all ingredients together, except feta cheese…. I wait until I am ready to serve the bruschetta to mix the cheese in. I also mix all ingredients and place it into the fridge for about 2 hrs prior to serving so the taste settles.
You can use wheat bread or whatever you prefer, but I will say my preference is using Lentil cracked pepper chips!! You get so many for only 120 calories!!!

 Nutrition facts for Fresh Bruschetta per serving:
Calories- 79 grams
fat-4.5 grams
carbs-6 grams
protein-2.5 grams
fiber- 2 grams 

No comments :

Post a Comment